Copyright © 2010 by Kathryn Buck

Tuesday 31 August 2010

A lazy start to the week

We're having a lovely lazy time here in the south of France so far... I know, lazy doesn't normally come into my vocabulary but I think I really need it! After arriving late on Sunday night, I slept for a good ten hours awaking the next morning with a really bad headache. We did nothing but laze around the house yesterday, playing with granddads new dog, Sisko. He's a great big golden retriever who looks more bear than dog! His tail was docked before my grandad had him and he seems to compensate for his lack of wag with a ridiculous over dramatic pant / snort (think bulldog but ten times louder!)




My headache carried on throughout the day and turned into a migraine after tea so I went to bed at eight o'clock with a freezer block strapped to my forehead and slept right through to nine am today!

Today I feel much more clear headed and it's the first day in weeks that I haven't felt tired! We took it nice and slowly again this morning and then went to Nerac after lunch. Nerac is a lovely old town on the river which was once part of England although there is nothing much there to remind you of it's heritage these days!




We had a pleasant walk along the river snapping photos of bright turqoise dragon flies with big black wings.




We then strolled up to the main square for a drink and then down to the park on the other side of the river which was a lovely mix of green and gold in the first few days of autumn.





We had a Barbie this evening (which Sisko loved!) and I sit outside tapping away, still light and still a nice balmy temperature.

I plan to quiz grandad in a little while for my new book (yes, I have started writing!)... That's if he ever gets off the blower! He has a better social life than I do!

3 comments:

  1. Glad that your headache is better. I have been battling headaches as well. They aren't fun. Your Granddad's dog is so cute. Hope you can enjoy the rest of your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry you have had bad headaches, I didn't know you suffered from migraines.
    Your grandfather is adorable and so is his new dog. It is so nice to see the places you are visiting and I so hope you feel great the rest of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sweetie....
    Looks like you
    are having an amazing
    time. Nothing is
    better than going
    home ~ enjoy!
    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete