Copyright © 2010 by Kathryn Buck

Thursday 5 August 2010

Almost the weekend....

Thank goodness it's almost the weekend! I don't think I've quite recovered from the wedding last weekend - I really got myself in a tangle (in a fun way!)

Here is another photo of my bunting - this was taken by the caterer. You can see it a bit better here without the flowers on the table.


I've just had a very exciting email from the lovely Sherri over at Little House in Paradise. A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned that my creative juices were fiiiiiiiinally flowing again but that I was struggling to find the fabric I wanted here in the UK and asked if anybody fancied helping me out with some fabric scraps. Well, better than scraps, Sherri has been out with her daughter to a HUGE fabric store where they live and bought me some lovely fabric which is winging its way over to me as we speak! How exciting, and how very generous of Sherri! I can't wait to see what's in the package!

I'm pretty sure that everybody who reads my blog also reads hers, but if you don't, pop on over - she's got a fab giveaway on at the moment! What better way to introduce yourself!?

This weekend, and possibly tonight actually, I'm going to be working on a little gift for one of my work friends - the one who took me to the theatre in London for my birthday so this is as a little Thank you to her. I was thinking of a little textile wall hanging and maybe some bright bunting for her garden. Watch this space, I will share whatever I come up with!

I've also been given chores this weekend :( The garden is coming together, Paul's Dad has been round today to put my fabulous hand made fence up around the front garden.... so this weekend I have been tasked with a) tidying the bedroom (something I've been putting off for over a month!) and b) getting the gloss out and doing doors... window sills... gates... fences... and anything else that stands still for too long! I will also be popping out to the fabric shop to get something to make cushions for our new garden furniture. I saw some gorgeous yellow, grey, black and white curtain fabric a couple of weeks ago which will be perfect!

Lots of pictures coming soon!

Kat x


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the kind words! That garden business sounds great, please take some photos to share with us.

    ReplyDelete