Copyright © 2010 by Kathryn Buck

Wednesday 24 March 2010

Wet fish

We didn't get up as early as planned this morning (I managed to sleep over 12 hours!) but we did still get to the fish market... however... we missed the fish! All the sellers were cleaning their bits and bobs by the time we got there, there were a few buckets of crabs and a couple of crates of calamari left but the giant fish laid out on the floor had long gone. It was a great big wet fish of an experience really. And all because the lady loves her bed!


It has not stopped raining all day, and I don't mean a bit of drizzle, I mean torrential down pours, the kind or rain that even soaks through your water proofs! We had a walk around one of Tokyo's best parks but the ground was soaking and it was pretty miserable. We spent the whole afternoon wandering the streets of Tokyo, going in shops for a warm as much as we could. I cheered up muchly after nice hot soupy noodles and then we went to the Geek centre of the universe which is where the kids in Cosplay go out at the weekends. We saw (surely) the biggest gadget shop in the world.


Anyway, we're back "home" now, I:ve put on extra layers and Paul has put on dry socks so now we're off out for more soupy noodles (I think that's all I want to eat for the whole holiday because they are yummy-licious!) Paul is just having a look on the interweb for restaurants we could go to... there is the ninja restaurant where there are ninjas running about while you eat, or, my favourite, an insane asylum! You get locked in cells and shackled, all your drinks are brought in in giant syringes and squirted in your glass and there are all kinds of strange things on the menu. Occasionally, someone "accidentally" leaves your cell door open. When this happens, you have to make a run for it and run about the place screaming till they catch you again and throw you back inside!

1 comment:

  1. Yikes!!! I think I'll eat at the ninja place thank you.
    Sorry to hear the weather isn't cooperating but it can't rain the entire time I'm sure the sun will break out soon.

    Thank you for sharing.

    Sherri B.

    ReplyDelete