Copyright © 2010 by Kathryn Buck

Sunday 11 October 2009

Creative juices

Why is it that when you are tired and stressed, it becomes impossible to think creatively? I keep sitting in my studio, looking at my piles of fabrics which inspired me so much before I went on holiday, but now, I just can't think what to do with them. I want to sew, I want to draw and I want to paint, I just can't seem to muster the energy.

I don't know if it's post holiday blues, winter gloomies or stress at work but I want it to go away so that I can get back to what I love!

Also, my Etsy stuff is still not selling. Which I think is making me feel a bit like there's not much point to it all - my house is getting full of stuff that I've made and there is only so much that you can give away to friends and family before their houses are full as well! And anyway, it would be nice to think that somebody out there actually has something of mine in their house because they chose to and not because I gave it to them as a gift! If anyone is reading this, let me know if you've got any ideas.

When I was at uni, I used to sell loads of stuff, I used to do a couple of paintings a month. But since I graduated I've hardly done anything. I know I had a LOT more free time when I was at uni, and I wasn't married then and I didn't have a house to clean, and a full time job that zapped all of my energy, but still. What is it that I've lost since then?

I keep thinking that I'd like to do some kind of courses that interest me; Italian, French, Creative Writing, Travel Journalism... the list goes on. There is so much stuff that I'm interested in, it's just that I get home, cook tea and then feel too tired for anything else! Does everyone have this problem or should I be drinking more Red Bull?

No comments:

Post a Comment